Thank you for your interest in a career with LuMind RDS. Please review the current openings listed below and follow the corresponding application instructions.
Development Operations Associate
|Headquarters: Burlington, MA|
|Research Grants: $18 Million to date|
|Total Employees: 8|
|Supervisor: Chief Development Officer|
LuMind RDS is seeking an organized, self-starter professional to manage the day-to-day operations of Raiser’s Edge, our fundraising database; our gift processing program; as well as to support the planning and implementation of other development efforts to generate sustainable sources of philanthropic dollars from individuals, corporations, and institutional funders.
LuMind RDS is a health-focused non-profit foundation that strives to enable independence and enrich community engagement for all individuals with Down syndrome. We work at the intersection of community and science to advance three key components of our mission:
- Empowering families to learn, share, and connect
- Catalyzing a clinical network that delivers transformational results
- Identifying and accelerating high impact research
Science holds great promise for enhancing the lives of people with Down syndrome. Yet, few families are informed about the clinical trials that hold promise for improving their independence and health, and even for extending lifespan through preventing the early onset of Alzheimer’s in adults with Down syndrome. Through deep partnerships with researchers, families, industry and community agencies, we are uniquely suited to both inform families and mobilize financial and community support for the opportunities ahead.
LuMind RDS Foundation has already awarded more than $18 Million in grants to academic institutions and biopharmaceutical companies focused on Down syndrome. Concurrent funding of more than $50M from the biopharmaceutical industry, the National Institute of Health, and other organizations has amplified the impact of our grants and has already led to 15 clinical trials.
The Development Operations Associate reports to the Chief Development Officer (CDO) of LuMind RDS Foundation. The Development Operations Associate will work with the CDO to advance the organization’s fundraising efforts through successfully executing the responsibilities listed below.
KEY ROLES AND ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the Raiser’s Edge database system, including: maintaining data integrity, managing mailing lists, event attendance/participation, gift records, constituent queries, and exports.
- Enter all gifts in Raiser’s Edge, including checks, recurring gifts, credit cards, online gifts, payroll deductions, wire transfers/EFTs, gifts-in-kind, and event purchases.
- Process all gift acknowledgement letters in a timely manner, including letters signed by the President/CEO, Board Chair, and others.
- Work with outside vendors and brokers to ensure that gifts of stock are processed and recorded correctly and according to the request of the donor.
- Generate and circulate weekly reports to appropriate stakeholders within LuMind RDS.
- Act as first point of contact for donors with questions about giving to the LuMind RDS.
- Coordinate and execute the pledge reminder process.
- Maintain appropriate paper and electronic filing systems with accuracy and easy retrieval of information.
- Work with the CDO to assist in the design and implementation of LuMind RDS Annual Fund, including direct and digital mail appeals
- Create lists and donor segments for tailored appeals.
- Generate mail merges where appropriate for solicitations.
- Track giving, generate reports, and analyze annual giving results.
- Coordinate development mailings with other programs of the organization.
- Provide support as necessary for the President/CEO and CDO in preparing proposals and reports to funders.
- Support CDO with ongoing special events initiatives.
- Work closely with the auditors, as necessary, to help complete a timely and accurate financial audit.
- Provide administrative and logistical support for the operations of the Development office to achieve the goals of the organization.
- Assemble development information to assist with Annual Report Publication.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED
- 2+ years of experience in nonprofit fundraising, including direct work in development operations and annual giving preferred
- High comfort level with technology required and experience with donor/CRM databases preferred. Experience with Raiser’s Edge highly desired
- Must be highly organized, detail-oriented, self-motivated, set high standards for accuracy and efficiency, and demonstrate a strong work ethic
- Ability to maintain professional, cordial relationships with the Board of Trustees, donors, members, and the community
- Ability to handle confidential material
- Experience with MS Office, Excel and Outlook
- Must have a strong comfort level and be consistent in punctuality, dependability and the ability to adapt to change professionally
In addition, the successful candidate will demonstrate our organization’s key values:
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
LuMind RDS offers a robust compensation and benefit package including high quality health benefits and an employer contribution to your 401(k) plan.
To apply to this position, please review the full job description and follow the online application instructions.
LuMind RDS is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, cultural heritage, ancestry, political belief, age, marital status, pregnancy, physical or mental disability or veteran status.