Thank you for your interest in progressing Down syndrome research. We currently have the following position open please email your resume over to LuMindRDs@LuMindRDS.org .
Special Event Runner’s Program Coordinator
Organization LuMind Research Down Syndrome foundation
Reports to: President/CEO
Department: Development Department
FLSA Status: 20-30 Hours per week
LuMind RDS is seeking a Special Event – Runner’s Program Coordinator to support the execution of the national RDS Runner’s Program. This is a unique opportunity to direct your energy and talents towards achieving a “life enhancing” mission, while benefitting from the resources and support of a highly regarded national non-profit organization.
The LuMind RDS Foundation is exclusively dedicated to finding a treatment to improve cognition including learning, memory and speech for individuals with Down syndrome. Since our founding in 2004, we have become the leading private source of funding in the United States for Down syndrome cognition research.
LuMind RDS Foundation is the first in this field, serving as the catalyst to this area of research with a focus on quick results: Clinical trial and 4 targets within 8 years.
The mission of LuMind Foundation is to stimulate biomedical research that will accelerate the development of treatments to significantly improve cognition, including memory, learning and speech, for individuals with Down syndrome so they:
- participate more successfully in school
- lead more active and independent lives, and
- avoid the early onset of Alzheimer’s Disease.
Responsible for managing and implementing National fundraising events with a focus on the LuMind RDS Runner’s Program to generate revenue by implementing best practices in compliance with audit procedures. He/she carries out responsibilities in a manner that supports a collaborative, donor centric culture. Renews, cultivates and upgrades key committee members, sponsors and event participants. Helps to identify prospects for new development and assigned events. Accurately communicates and raises awareness about LuMind RDS Foundation and the focus on funding Down syndrome cognition research at events and other Foundation-sponsored programs.
This position is responsible for management, growth, cultivation of the LuMind RDS Runner’s program on line communities across blogs and social networks, grassroots marketing out in targeted areas, corporate team development and recruitment. The Special Event Coordinator is responsible for marketing, fundraising and logistics to guarantee success of the Runner’s Program.
Works with President/CEO to develop fundraising plans and budgets designed to achieve growth over prior year. Proven donor cultivation and solicitation experience and persuasive presentation skills.
- Managing event details including participant cultivation, retention and recruitment efforts and overseeing event details while working with event committee/s
- Coordinate and execute elements of promotional and marketing activities that recruit participants for LuMind Runner’s Program
- Provide fundraising guidance, coaching, and support to participants
- Ensures key fundraising best practices are followed and key performance benchmarks are achieved to drive up participants, increase fundraising and retain participants in the LuMind Runner’s Program
- Sets up, maintains, and works to resolve team/donor issues with event sites on fundraising platforms (Blackbaud, Luminate, Crowdrise, etc.)
- Implements and attends key committee meetings and events. Accountable for revenue of assigned events
- Identifies and assists with cultivation of prospects for annual fund, major giving and regional/national corporate participation
- Conducts corporate recruitment events
- Identifies and solicits potential corporate sponsors of the Runner’s program
- Works with Marketing to promote events
- Works with Development to grow and expand events in scale or geographically
- Creates event “toolkits” to leverage knowledge and maintain consistency across programsFinancial/Administrative:
- Carries out all financial and accounting responsibilities in compliance with audit procedures
- Develop and implement a call schedule of community visits to adequately cover territory and provide reports and data on results
- Completes all required training and maintains current knowledge of all financial and accounting systems and procedures
- Maintains efficient record-keeping systems
- Records and enters constituent information into Raiser’s Edge system accurately and in timely fashion to facilitate the cultivation and sales process of the foundation
- Secure venues and negotiate contracts with National Development Director supervision
- Develops sponsorship proposals
- Seeks underwriting, in-kind donations and auction items
- Prepare and maintain assigned campaign correspondence record and statistical reports as needed for review with President/CEO and National VP of Development
- Submits applications for charity partnerships with major race eventsAffiliate Outreach
- Ability to cultivate and nurture affiliate relationships to promote the LuMind RDS Runner’s program
- Participate with affiliate outreach team to schedule Research 101 and LuMind RDS Runner’s program presentations during affiliate group meetings, conferences and participate in community and corporate employee health fairs
- Promotes participation in clinical trials to patients and families
- Participates in CFCQualifications/REQUIREMENTS
- Two to three years of fundraising/sales experience
- Four-year degree or equivalent education/experience preferred
- Good customer service skills
- Strong volunteer management experience
- Highly organized, detail oriented, and able to handle multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to attend some weekday and/or evening meetings and perform occasional weekend work.
- Working knowledge of excel, word and CRM – Raiser’s Edge